Sunday, August 10, 2008

Motivation

Finding an activity that you like to do will give you motivation. Some days I tell myself that if I can just work up a good sweat, then I can stop. Or, I will just give myself 30 minutes and I can stop. (I usually end up doing a full workout since I'm already truckin'.) Also, I rarely do the same exercise for 2 days in a row. I alternate my workouts to keep myself from tiring out or getting bored. If I run one day, the next I'll do a DVD at home or get on the bike at the gym. For those that may not have access to a gym, a jump rope is a great piece of workout equipment for less than $5. I did that after I had Gavin. Start in small increments and work up to bigger ones. The internet is full of great jump rope workouts.

My motivation for now is watching the Olympics. Isn't it amazing what the human body can do? I overheard some women at church commenting on the 41 yr. old U.S. female swimmer. They actually were being very critical stating how "that kind of training just can't be good for your body or your joints when your that age." Are you kidding me? If she were in that much pain, would she even be there? THAT's what motivates me. I will never be an Olympian or ever train like one. Nor will I ever have the abs or physique of a beach volleyball player. But, I can do everything that I can to be healthy with good muscle tone, good posture to PREVENT the body aches, pains, and even aging.

Disclaimer: I'm contributing tonight for my own motivation. I've been way to friendly with the brownies today. Love you all and hope that you find your motivation this week.

No comments: