Friday, September 5, 2008

Finally getting there?!?

I feel like I'm finally getting there... I know this "competition" started in July, but I'll be honest, I didn't really do much until recently. I've been pretty good about going to the clubhouse where we live and working out on the treadmill. It's actually kind of fun because they have cable t.v. there and so I can go and watch my Disney Channel shows while I run! :)
I've also been trying to eat some more healthy foods. Here is what I had for lunch today: A veggie tray, water, and grapes. It was actually really good and really filling. I know the Ranch dressing in the middle kind of defeats the purpose, but it was only like 1 1/2 tablespoons. If anyone has a healthy dip idea I'd take it.

I talked to a sister I visit teach who is like a health nut (I honestly don't know if I'll ever get to that point) but she loaned me a DVD on 9 tips to having a healthy family diet. It was really informative and I hope that being a mom and control the food in the house, that i will be able to help my family eat healthy and cut out on the junk food. The only issue I am having is what to feed Jackson for snacks. He gets healthy foods at meal times, but I usually feed him crackers and dry cereal and things for snacks... any other healthy snacky ideas?!

Hope everyone else is doing good!

5 comments:

Morgan said...

Hey, Hay! So, way to go on the health kick! I did awesome unitl we spent the summer in Rexburg...I wasn't able to excercise. So now I am looking forward to starting it again. (I thought that you said you had 11 and 1/2 tablespoons of ranch at first!)My big thing is being totally exhausted at the end of the day, and not finding the strength to go run. But way to go!

Morgan said...

Sorry, I forgot...around one year, Sadie started liking applesauce, grapes, bananas, and some other stuff. If you want, I can look in my "stuff" and find the articles I used to find out some ideas, and email it to you. Would you like that? It was really helpful...

hayleemj said...

Thanks for the comments Morgan! YES I would love some ideas. I have just barely started cutting up grapes into 4ths and giving them to Jackson and he LOVES them. Thats a good idea

hayleemj said...

haha it does look like 11 1/2 tablespoons! :)

Jeremy said...

As for veggie dip ideas I like to use peanut butter with carrots and celery, salt and pepper for tomatoes. Some sort of vinegrette is also good and it's amazing how many less calories it has.