Sunday, July 13, 2008

Morgan's list of healthy eating helps

I thought of some things that I have changed in my diet and cooking habits that I feel has made a big change, that I thought I would share:
I buy a lot of fruit and make a salad and then snack off off that during the day when I get the munchies.
Chewing sugar-free low calorie gum helps to fight cravings, and I just decided that I am going to do that so I can fight hunger better.
I use wheat in all of my cooking, and I buy bulk wheat noodles and rice. (We don't really know the full reasons that wheat is better than white, but we know it is. :)
I just bought my first container of pure olive oil, which is a little more pricey, but a lot better for you than vegetable oil.
My new goal is that I will have one day a week where I will allow myself treats. Other days, I will not make treats. If I do make them for somebody else, I will save them for the treat eating day!
Protein rich, filling meal bars (along with lots of fruit and water) have become my best friend for lunch.


Okay, theres a few thigns I am doing. Share your ideas too so that we can all help each other out!

No comments: