Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Is anyone there?

Man, it's been a while since anyone has written on here. I'm hoping mom and dad (Donna and Bill) write something soon since I know they've recently gotten started. I don't know how many of you actually watch the real biggest loser but my family and I are addicted. Last week was truly inspiring to me. I watch the show just to see where the person kicked off is now. Last week Jerry, one of the contestants who the doctors said was in the worse health of anyone ever on the show, got kicked off. Four months later he had lost a total of 70lbs and had seen some drastic health improvements. He had been on 5 heart medications and is down to 1. He had pulmonary problems and was restricted to 30 minutes of exercise a day. He could barely walk on the treadmill without needing O2. Now he runs 1.5 miles a day. His back and knee pain are tons better. What I thought was so cool is that the reason he got put on the show was because of his daughter, who is worried he won't be around for her wedding. We all have parents and want them to be around for as long as possible and to be in the best health for as long as possible.
As for me I'm not doing that great on gaining weight. My weight has remained at 135lbs since the start of the semester despite lifting almost every day. I did however, bench press 165lbs last week which is the most I've ever done.

1 comment:

Johnson Fam said...

Just an FYI....Dad cannot get any where near 165. I was watching and I think he was struggling at 120, But I could be wrong